OBJECTIVE SUMMARY: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining a high level of cleanliness, aiding in the prevention of cross contamination, controlling bacteria and odor and sustaining an acceptable aseptic condition
- Maintain floor surfaces in clean and aseptic condition; dust and wet mop, vacuum carpets, Spray buff tile and shampoo carpets when needed.
- Maintain a dust free environment by high dusting flat surfaces (i.e., TV's, light shields and ledges).
- Wash wall surfaces, to keep them clean and free from stains, and clean stairwells.
- Move furniture; replace soiled cubical curtains and window drapes.
- Complete required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Stock linens water and other non-clinical supplies as needed.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Maintain clean environment in patient rooms, sweep and mop tile floors and/or vacuum carpet. Dust furniture, light shields, base boards, ledges and window sills.
- Clean patient rest rooms, vanity area, shower and commode.
- Remove trash from patient rooms, nurse’s stations, nurse servers and public areas.
- Clean discharge beds by washing complete bed and mattresses including springs, crevices, head and foot boards, frame and casters.
- Clean nurse’s stations, utility rooms, waiting rooms, public rest rooms and keep in orderly condition.
- Wash walls, doors, and interior glass to keep them free of dust and fingerprints.
- Perform Discharge cleans and Terminal cleans on all areas needed. Log these in Housekeepers Log Book
- Remove all trash and Biohazard waste from hospital and deposit into the appropriate receptor.
- Clean trash carts trash cans and Biohazard waste containers as needed.
- Collect Sharps Containers from the nurses’ stations and patient floors and place in the Bio Hazard room following all safety precautions.
- Keep area around the dumpster clean.
- Understand all safety policies and follow proper use of PPE’s at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness in clinical/office areas including damp wipe furniture, fixtures, counter tops, telephones, file cabinets, ledges, base tile, etc.
- Maintain clean, odor free conditions in rest rooms. Clean commodes, wash basins, chrome fixtures and polish mirrors, dust light shields and towel dispensers.
- Keep tile floors and carpeted areas clean and free of soil and debris.
- Empty and clean trash containers.
- Spot wash walls, doors and clean interior glass.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare setting or equivalent education/experience. A working knowledge of cleaning procedures, operation and maintenance of power equipment related to this work
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Washington State Driver’s license with insurable driving record. CPR certification.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to chemicals found in cleaning supplies when cleaning patient rooms and unit facilities. Position may involve exposure to contaminated equipment from working in patient areas. Exposure to contagious diseases and bodily fluids while cleaning exam rooms and patient rooms, collecting and disposing of trash and Biohazard waste.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Prolonged periods of walking and standing with frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and grasping in order to access and place supplies, set-up traction and clean unit facilities. Frequent lifting of lightweight items (less than or equal to 10 pounds). Pushing and pulling of carts and patients (up to 100+ pounds). Full use of both hands to set-up traction and transport patients.
OTHER DUTIES – Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.